Each year, the iIIRG awards its members at any point in their academic or practitioner career who have produced work of outstanding quality or have done something extraordinary for the benefit of investigative interviewing. The awards take place at our International Annual Conferences and include:
- The iIIRG Tom Williamson Award (can occasionally be awarded to a non-member)
- Practitioner Excellence Award
- Academic Excellence Award
Further details of each award can be found below. All members are encouraged to nominate someone who has produced work of outstanding quality or have done something extraordinary for the benefit of investigative interviewing. The deadline for nominations is 9th of June 2018.
The iIIRG Tom Williamson Award
This highly prestigious award is reserved for an individual who has made a significant contribution to investigative interviewing either nationally or Internationally. The award will be given to the person who, during his or her career, has distinguished themselves in an exceptional way by their work, practice or teaching, which complies with the mission pursued by the International Investigative Interviewing Research Group (iIIRG) – the promotion of best practice in investigative interviewing (the search for truth) and in the respect of fundamental human rights.
This award will be determined by the iIIRG membership, through its Executive and Scientific Committees, and nominations should include the following information:
- The way/s in which the candidate has distinguished themselves in an outstanding way by their work, practice or teaching which complies with the iIIRG mission;
- The proposer must provide a short write-up of the candidate (no more than 500 words) and a summary of his or her main achievements which should show they are in line with the iIIRG mission;
- All nominations must be submitted by an iIIRG member and the recipient must also be an iIIRG member. The list of finalists will be voted on by the iIIRG Executive and Scientific Committees. The result of this vote will be publicly unveiled at the iIIRG Annual Conference;
- More than one person can simultaneously receive this award, but only in exceptional circumstances.
- The award may not be awarded each year.
Practitioner and Academic Excellence Awards
These awards will be determined by the iIIRG membership, through its Executive and Scientific Committees, and nominations should include the following information:
- Name of the nominee;
- Name of proposer/s;
- Details of their research or practice;
- A covering letter which clearly identifies the particular merit of the work and to receive such an award.
To nominate someone for one of the awards, please complete the form below before 9th of June 2018.